In the winter, snowshoeing across our seven acres or down country roads that are not cleared can be an invigorating exercise that gives a feeling of freedom not usually known at this time of the year.
If you want to spend some time in the great outdoors at the Brookvale Winter Activity Park, why not think about trying the ancient art of snowshoeing?
• The park has a 2 km trail especially groomed for snowshoes
• Snowshoes can be rented at a cost of $7.00 for four hours
• The hours of operation are the same as the Nordic/X-Country skiing hours
Brookvale Provincial Ski Park has several tubing runs for all experience levels. Whether you are a beginner or would consider yourself an expert in this sport, we are sure you'll enjoy this winter activity.
• Five runs
• Runs range from 600 feet to 1,000 feet in length
• There are two beginner runs, two intermediate runs and one expert run
• The facility has its own rental shop, parking lot and lift
• Prices range from $8.00 for 1 hour to $11.00 for 2 hours. School groups are $4.00
• Helmet rentals are $2.00
• Hours of Operation are: Wednesday to Friday 6-9pm and Saturday/Sunday 1:00 - 5:30pm
The Nordic/X-Country site at Brookvale features 24.5 km of groomed recreational trails, 7.5 km of competitive trails and biathlon trails, a complete rental shop, lodge, waxing huts, biathlon range, and toboggan hill. The latest trail grooming equipment makes the Park the destination of choice for x-country skiing in the Maritimes. If you dont' want to venture the 15 minute drive to Brookvale the trails on the Bolger Park Road, alongside the West River, are a 5 minute ski from our door.